Saturday, July 12, 2008

GoDaddy is KILLING me tonight (RANT)

After weeks of near flawless operation on The Map, the ftp problems with GoDaddy have resurfaced and they're spilling over into the Proxy Project.

It couldn't have happened at a worse time. I received this email earlier today:

Dear Sir

I was looking for information to build a better proxy list when I came across your website. The features you describe match the specifications of my soon-to-be-built project. Since there’s no point in re-inventing the wheel, I was wondering if you might be interested in selling your script/code?

Just in time to start looking like a complete idiot to a potential buyer. Of course, it's not for sale (well... everyone has a price... Show me the money!) but this is the last damn thing I need.

Right now, the list is relatively intact. Only page six was trashed. But for the past two hours I haven't been able to get the XML file for the UT map up to GoDaddy and I doubt if the next proxy list run will be as lucky as the last.

It must be something in the stars. I'm thinking Mercury must be retrograde, since it rules communications.

Yesterday when the wife (Pinky Dink) and I got home, the freaking telephone was screwed up (and still is). To top that off, it turns out our phone company apparently has an unlisted phone number.

WTF is up with that?

Before that I was thrown into a high drama with our "Web Team" (which really don't exist anymore, due to the re-org) over a yet another communications problem with our Web servers. The drama isn't over and it's a sure bet Monday is going to be a barn-burner.

Lucky for us Mercury moves fast.

I hope GoDaddy does the same.

2 comments:

  1. Hi HinkyDink,

    sorry I'm commenting on this with a question that isn't strictly relevant, but I can't find a contact or email to get in touch with you.

    I tried using some proxies from your excellent list & have a query.

    I was wondering why, when I use 'high anonymity' proxies, does my IP addy still show up as mine on whatsmyip or wherever?

    I'm using firefox 2, with switchproxy. The proxies work, except they don't seem to provide anonymity.

    Thanks,
    Jay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:52 AM

    What are you using to test?

    I used to use http://www.proxydetect.com quite a bit.

    Pretty reliable, except they're in the business of passive proxy discovery (nothing wrong with that I suppose).

    You can use this email address to contact me:

    dink"[AT]"mrhinkydink.com

    ReplyDelete