Thursday, January 20, 2011

NegotiateHOST/(machine_name)

Did Google bring you here?

I ask because last time I Googled "NegotiateHOST" (Did you mean Negotiate HOST?) I got nothing.

As in Jack Shit.

And that never, ever happens.  Kind of a jaw-dropper.  I mean, Google has everything.

So I decided to get the #1 (for now) Google hit for "NegotiateHOST".  Just because I can.

Anyway, there is this sevice called "lsiagent.exe" (and its little buddy, LsiUser.exe) that you will not find in Control Panel→Services (you can find them in TaskManager) that listens on TCP Port 57632.  If you telnet to that port you will get the response in the title of this blog entry.  And, like me, you will say to yourself, "What the Hell is that shit?"

That shit comes from here.

Relax, it's legit.

I don't want to get into what it is or why it's there.  You can figure that out for yourself.

All I want is the Google hit.

And a port 57632 fuzzer.

No comments:

Post a Comment