Sunday, May 01, 2011

Is Chrome crashing on you?

Specifically, version "11.0.696.60 unknown" (32-bit Windows)?

My system hung twice at ipv6.cnn.com, so thinking that must've been an IPv6 issue and knowing that CNN has been flaky on IPv6 in the past, I went back to the IPv4 version of CNN and it hung again.  Hung tight.  No keyboard.  No mouse.  No network.  CPU went to 100% and a crash dump started.

Tight.

That made three strikes for CNN, so I stayed away.  Then it happened on another site.  Both sites were "Flashy", if you catch my drift, and since Chrome has its own Flash drivers, that seemed a likely reason to suspect Chrome itself.

But then again, I recently updated the drivers for my NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT vidcard, which is always a crapshoot anyway (BTW, never use the NVIDIA drivers from Windows Update).  And of course, like everything else around here, the box is getting old.

I could roll the drivers back and do some investigating but the Lazy Man's way of dealing with this sort of thing is to complain online.

So here we are.

I would appreciate any input.

No comments:

Post a Comment