Saturday, June 28, 2008

Back to Business

I have decided to stop boring you all with proxy business so I have split off all the project notes here. There are links to the pertinent blog postings on the project so that if you're really interested you can go back and review.

It's time to get back to other stuff. First off, check out this shit (click the pic for a larger view):

The joint has been jumpin' lately. I have never seen so many folks banging away at the UT servers. There are probably two reasons for this:

GoDaddy finally fixed the ftp issue (for now at least), but they gave no explanation. I would have bothered them for one but I was getting very tired of dealing with them. The best tech support, in my opinion, is no tech support at all. Just make it run right and leave me alone, fellas.

I leave the Map on the screen when I kick back in the evening and watch TV or read a book (I'm currently reading a biography of W.C. Fields if you give a shit). Every now and then I look up and it seems like the entire world is killing each other in my fambly room. It's quite extraordinary.

I'd like to do a time lapse video of the Map but I haven't figured out how to do that yet, short of a real time capture and iteratively doubling the speed in Windows MovieMaker. I think it would look pretty cool.

Be that as it may, I have a lot of bloggable things going on. Our security group recently got re-orged at work and that has been loads of fun. Our new Chief Security Officer is very Web 2.0 and he commands us to blog on our intranet SharePoint server (big woof) at work. I'm already slacking off on that piece. My "editorial style" is definitely NSFW ("not safe for work") so I think I'll do it my way here and then tone it down for the retards at work.

Like anybody actually reads that shit.

Or this shit, for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment