Sunday, June 15, 2008

Tiny Little Flags

Today I added Tiny Little Flags to the Proxy Page.

I painstakingly researched them all and created them one by one in Windows Paint.

Right.

And if you believe that I have some floodplain land in Iowa you may be interested in.

The process of classifying all the "known good" proxies trudges on. Many have died since they were first added to the database so it is taking its sweet time because the dead ones have to timeout after 30 seconds. The project started on the Ides of March and at the moment we're up to April 21st. It's going to take some time to catch up. After that I need hack out a method to synchronize the tables (that is actually halfway finished; I only need to automate it). Once that job is finished I can put the new page up.

And speaking of Iowa, back in the 80s I seriously considered a job in Cedar Rapids. After agonizing over it for a few days, I turned it down. Good thing I did. The industry became obsolete about ten years ago. Had I taken that job, today I'd be unemployed and under water.

Funny how life works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment