Monday, February 15, 2010

Auto "AutoAdjust" Bots


I added a twist to the action today. I'm not sure how it's going to work, but it's an idea I have been tossing around in my head for quite some time now.

It goes like this: as soon as the point spread between the number #1 player and the number #2 player is greater than or equal to the winning score divided by two, the bots (if any!) go into AutoAdjust mode.

Meaning, of course, the bots will become as skilled as the best player.

When the high score is less than or equal to two, implying a new game has started, AutoAdjust shuts off. It will also shut off if no one is playing at all.

I'm not sure this is a good idea or not, but some players are just too fucking good. And it may not be good for Classic ]i[, which has low winning score.

I may clean out the firewall filters and shut off the ban hammer just to see how this idea plays out with cheats. Unfortunately, it doesn't kick in if there is more than one cheat, since the point spread between the number #1 and number #2 players wouldn't hit the maximum allowed.

There are also some variations of this that have been going around in my head, like turning on "Fat Boy" mode when the spread is too great. Or maybe adding more bots.

The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment