Saturday, June 04, 2011

Has Google Been Shitting Itself Lately?



I just used that search box over on the right to look for references to RaLink wireless adapters here. Nothing came up. Then I did your standard Google-Fu against the site and got 13 hits, going back to 2007.

WTF?

I have also been having issues with Google Maps since early April, the latest being the inability to save street intersections to the M/S 2011 Map. Any plain old street number will work, but it hangs on intersections. I've tested it with every browser I run (and I run a lot of different browsers) with the same result. I can work around that, so it's not a big deal.

But it is annoying.

Another annoying Maps issue is the display during editing. If you move a marker from page 2 to page 1, the markers are all over the place. Luckily it only happens during editing.

And then there's Google Update. I kept getting an "Update server not available" error, so I finally re-installed it.

The last time I bitched about Google, my machine died a horrible death (long story, lots of blog fodder there), so I'm somewhat hestitant to put the blame elsewhere.

If you've had any issues, drop me a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment