Thursday, September 17, 2009

UT Map Switcher In Production


I got bored at work today and wrote the map switcher for Ban-O-Matic.

Now, after ten minutes of idle time (seems to be a lot of that lately), the servers will automatically switch to a random map.

Also, in the case of BOT House and EXP4, an update with the new map name will be sent to Twitter. These may or may not show up depending on whether or not I used my hourly tweet allotment.

FWIW, it looks like I may be upgrading the kernel on BOT House this weekend, since it went so well on EXP4. That means there will undoubtedly be an IP address change in the near future and your bookmarks will be fucked.

There are still a few tests I'd like to do first, but it looks inevitable.

I really hate changing IPs, but the upgrade is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment