Monday, September 06, 2010

A Case of the Stickies


I have no clue what happened, but yesterday I took the joint down cold to check out the UPS hooked up to BOT House, an APC BackUPS x1500.

Yeah, that one. The new one.

This little bitch is pissing me off. Very occasionally it will go "click click" and BOT House will hang, requiring a reboot.

That is not what a UPS is for.

Everything was hooked up correctly, so I did the only thing I could do. I just plugged it in to a different outlet on the UPS.

I fired BH up and played a few games. I kept getting stuck, and I noticed bots kept getting stuck. Players, too. WTF?

So I took the place down again and did what I did on EXP4 that fixed that particular problem; I tied the game down to one CPU (with taskset). That doesn't make sense, since it's a single CPU system, but it is hyperthreaded, so it thinks it has two CPUs. I started it back up and the problem went away.

It's been running fine ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment