Sunday, August 01, 2010

0days & Anonymous Assclowns


Tomorrow, August 2nd, Microsoft is supposed to release a patch to address the (decade-old) "LNK" 0day vulnerability in all (supported) versions of Windows.

If you haven't heard about this yet, you've been living under a rock for the past month.

Or, like most people, you just don't give a shit about computer security (after all, you play UT99 and install untrusted DLLs almost every time you play, right?).

I consider this a severe threat. So much so that I have moved all my online activities (except UT) over to Linux, specifically my 64bit Mythbuntu system.

(And - incidentally - I have also been using Opera, which is much better on Linux than it is on Windows - why is that?)

If you're wondering why you haven't heard about this on Hinky Links, the fact is I'm pretty burnt out on security and I've been letting Hinky Links slide into the shitter.

On top of that, working at the Salt Mines has been an incredible disappointment. Rumor has it our "Security Officer" is about to get the axe, and he's been acting like it.

That would be Anonymous Assclown #1 and the less said about him the better.

Anonymous Assclown #2 recently dropped a few threatening comments here at Blogspot accusing me of being in cahoots with yet another Assclown. I have no clue what that is all about, but if he shows up again I'm going to have to shut off anonymous comments.

ASSCLOWN UPDATE

I didn't mention it earlier, but this is what Assclown #2 had to say...
If you fail to answer my question in a timely manner, I will assume that you are working directly with Kimmo [this guy - hinky]. As such, I will be forced to send tons of false abuse reports to your registrar and host, GoDaddy, which may result in you losing your domain and hosting privileges.
I'm not sure what this assclown's schtick is, but apparently this "Kimmo" dude has raised the ire of 4chan et. al. over the past few years.

Me, I never heard of him. But since I'm not interested in losing my GoDaddy accounts just yet (although I've been bitching about them for years now), I called Tech Support and let them know of this guy's threats. Their policy is to contact the client before taking any action on abuse complaints, so it shouldn't be a problem.

I deleted Assclown 2's original comments but if he shows up again I'll probably let them float for awhile, just for posterity's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment